Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thank God this day is over!

What a day I had yesterday. It was one of those, "What was I thinking?" days. I thought staying at home with my kids would be so different. You know…wake up in the morning to beautiful, well behaved children, a well kept and well organized home, the birds singing, everything coming up roses. Well, was I in for a rude awakening? I started off the morning arguing with my daughter over anything and everything she could think of to argue about. That ended with a spanking and tears. Nothing like starting your morning with such drama. After she was dropped off at school, I was TRYING to do laundry, bake cookies and clean house with a whining, drooling; snotty little boy attached to my leg. Needless to say, I didn’t get much done. Then we were off the get his first haircut. He did very good and is so handsome. Then to pick up Sydney from school followed by a haircut followed by dance class. This is where the real fun begins. We arrived at dance class 30 minutes early (a miracle in itself) and walked over to the Piggly Wiggly for a snack. While carrying Grayson I noticed a foul odor and wetness on my hands. Lovely, someone has overflowed a diaper with poo-poo. So off to the van for changing only to discover 3 wipes left and no change of clothes in the bag. Next I changed a diaper to the best of my ability and ran into Family Dollar with a 4-year-old ballerina and half-naked baby boy in the freezing cold. Purchased outfit and wipes and out to van for a final change. Time for dance class and it’s parent’s night to watch. The video camera I brought with me has no batteries left, so back out to van for camera. I chased wild Indian boy and tried to capture pictures of my little dancing princess. After that I met my husband, Chris, to give him the kids, so I could attend a Creative Memories Christmas Gathering. It was so nice talking to other women without children in tow. I was so tired when I got home. This mother thing is the hardest job I have ever had. I think I need a raise.

2 comments:

Angela said...

on the raise idea - Me too! Me too!

Unknown said...

That is too funny! The wild drama queen dancing princess gets her morning grumpiness from her Aunt Reynie. BB often has to spank me in the morning... and not the "fun" kind of spankings.