Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sydney!

Today is my baby girl's 5th birthday. I can't believe she is so big. It is so sad that you seem to blink your eyes and they grow up. It seems like just yesterday she was this sweet little baby who was such a mommy's girl. Now, she is a big Daddy's girl and sassy as all get out. She is just like her Aunt Reynie, with a touch of OCD. Everything has to be just so-so and she has to look perfect before we leave the house. She is such a little princess. I love her so much.
This morning on the way to school we had a conversion about heaven and how you get there. I told her that when you ask Jesus into your heart, when you die you would go to heaven. She told me that when we said our prayers tonight that she wanted to ask Jesus in her heart. I was thrilled. I'm not sure she understands everything, but that's ok. Jesus will take her just as she is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did she get my message last night? i thought you guys would be home from dinner by then. What a big girl now! Give her hugs and kisses for me.